July 1, 2010
MY BOY THE BUBBLE-BUTT

I'm the proud mum of a bubble-butt son.

We have dared to ditch the disposable diaper, and join the growing crowd of elite cloth nappy users.

I know, shock horror!

A few decades ago a disposable diaper was a guilty privilege rarely indulged in by the average mother – or so my mum tells me.

The popularity of the disposable grew until the words 'cloth nappy' were so foreign that when muttered in a circle of mums, they would be greeted with nothing but blank expressions and looks of confusion.

It appears the winds have changed once again, and are now being caught more often by the cushion comfort of the cloth nappy.

Today cloth is the new cool crowd (this is not why I switched...I swear), and the colours, shapes and styles are mind boggling! Yet so very exciting.

To all you childless folk out there with your mouths open in disgust, you can shut them now. I know what you are thinking! No amount of pretty patterns and trendy studs could make the idea of washing poo off a soiled diaper any less cringe worthy.

To that I can say only one thing. You have obviously never had to buy disposable diapers.

Disposable nappies are so expensive that when I used to change Harry's nappy, I actually took my time in the hope that he'd do a wee on me! This way he'd soil me instead of a nappy, and save me a whopping 48 cents.

Hey it adds up, trust me.

Granted I would then smell like wee, but these are the sacrifices we unemployed mums have to make! That was however, until I found the glorious cloth nappy.

Ok, so I may need to use cloth nappies for a little more than a few weeks before publicly shouting my excitement from this blog page. But if nothing else, damn his butt looks cute in those nappies!

I have a feeling this cloth nappy thing will be a piece of piss! Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

No comments: